Abolish Human Abortion societies seek to abolish abortion, just as slavery was abolished. Here is a quote from the website Abolish Human Abortion, “Abolitionist societies demand the immediate and total abolition of abortion. We believe that allowing abortion in some cases along the way to its total abolition is neither strategically sound nor consistently Christian. You cannot abolish any evil by justifying or allowing it to continue in some cases.” (end of quote)
Below is Pastor J D Hall’s abolitionist manifesto and we (the Whites) agree that abortion should be abolished.
The following is my own abolitionist’s manifesto.
- I will not vote for candidates or legislation that will discriminate against one person’s life for sake of another’s. This means that I will not countenance incrementalism. Given the last forty years of history in the pro-life movement, it is an indisputable historic fact that incrementalism does not work. It will not work. I will not vote for candidates or legislation that calls abortion anything but murder and treats it accordingly. I will not vote for candidates or legislation that will settle for anything but the complete, total and immediate abolition of abortion. I will settle for nothing but the criminalization of abortion. Should legislators or executors of law desire my support, they will submit to support for the criminalization of abortion or expect my opposition to their candidacy.
- I will not castigate or repudiate any moral tactics to end abortion and inhibit the innocent taking of life short of citizens stealing the magistrate’s sword to punish the wicked. I am done with concerns that particular tactics are not keeping with decorum or are uncouth. I’m done being embarrassed by the passionate protests and pleading of others. I assure you, when we stop ripping the faces off of babies I’ll be the first to urge we go back to more acceptable forms of civility. Until then, a culture that murders infants has no rightful claim to civility.
- I will not allow Christians or churches to hide behind faith as a shield for wickedness. The church should be judged first. The church should be called to repent first. For too long, professing Christians have been sheltered from criticism because they are on “our team.” My team is now righteousness, and I show no partiality.
- I will not consider anyone objecting to the passionate pleading and energetic methods of abolitionists to be pro-life merely because they give mental assent to the sinfulness of abortion. Yes, I am aware that “pro-life” is simply a moral position, a mere agreement with the wrongfulness of infanticide. For myself, I am refusing to consider anyone who is not acting on abortion (in at least the most meager fashion) as truly and meaningfully holding to the pro-life position. I am sick and tired of professing Christians thinking because they vote Republican or march in a parade that they are pro-life in any meaningful way. Act to end it, or be a part of the problem. Be with Jesus, or be against Him.
- I will regularly travel four hours to preach at the closest abortion clinic. I will weekly do something substantive to end this evil. I will use every ounce of my influence to end this barbaric practice. I will not merely hold an opinion. I will hold back those marching toward the slaughter or be damned by my conscience before God. On that great day of judgment, I will say that I did something. And when history vindicates us as prophets to our age, whether before the coming of our King or after, my children and grandchildren will be able to count me among the few who did more than hold an opinion.
Will you join me? Let’s turn the world upside down. (article ends here)
Pastor Hall’s website can be found at link below,